- Born as the second son, the youngest child among 7 siblings of his father Goro Hanada and his mother Yoshi in Sapporo city, Hokkaido.
- Graduates from Sapporo Higashi high school.
- Enrolls in the Department of Oil painting at Tokyo University of the Arts.
Studies under Ryohei Koiso.
- Graduates from the Faculty of Fine Arts, Department of Oil painting at Tokyo University of the Arts.
Enters in Oil Painting course of Graduate School of Fine Arts at Tokyo University of the Arts.
- Solo exhibition (Gallery Tokiwa, Tokyo) Exhibits Work D and other pieces.
Awarded Ohashi Prize (Tokyo University of the Arts).
- Completes Master’s degree in Oil Painting course of Graduate School of Fine Arts at Tokyo University of the Arts.
- Visits Europe for three months.
Travels southward from Nordic countries to Napoli in Italy.
- Returns to Sapporo.
- Marries Megumi Yamada.
Works as an adjunct lecturer at Hokkaido Women’s Junior College until March 1983.
Solo exhibition. (Tokei-dai Gallery, Sapporo).
Exhibits Apron with other 25 oil paintings and 7 prints.
“Ohashi Award Exhibition” (Tokyo Central Museum) Exhibits Clip 1.
- Works as a teacher at Hokkaido Academy of Formative Arts.
Becomes a chief instructor in 1987 and retires in 1996.
- The birth of his eldest daughter, Chiharu.
Solo exhibition (Sapporo Tokei-dai Gallery)
Exhibits Hatchet and Hand Plane with other 6 oil paintings, 4 prints and 2 pieces of sculpture.
- Stays in the United States for one month to broaden his knowledge in art.
“ ’78 Hokkaido Contemporary Artists Exhibition” (Sapporo Tokei-dai Gallery)
Exhibits Drawing Board.
Installs the wall relief Seawall in the town mayor’s room of Yubetsu-cho Town Hall (Current Yubetsu-cho General Branch Office).
- Works as an adjunct lecturer at Fuji Women's Junior College until 1992.
- The birth of his second daughter, Akiko.
“The 4th Hokkaido Contemporary Art Exhibition” (Hokkaido Museum of Modern Art) Exhibits CityⅡ and Evening Mist.
- “The 9th Association of Ecole Abstract’s Artists in Hokkaido” (Sapporo Tokei-dai Gallery) Exhibits To Forest.
Becomes a member of its group.
- “Hokkaido Art-1960-1980 Exhibition” (Royal Alberta Museum in Canada) Exhibits ApronⅡ.
- Solo exhibition (Sapporo Tokei-dai Gallery)
Exhibits 10 pieces including Two Earring.
- Extends his atelier.
“Sapporo-American Contemporary Art Exchange Exhibition” (Sapporo American Center)
Exhibits Hill and Sea.
- Solo exhibition (Gallery TAPIO, Sapporo)
Exhibits 9 pieces including Wave-1, Wave-2, Wave-3, Wave-4, and SKIⅡ.
- “The 4th Sapporo Clock Tower Culture Hall Art Award Exhibition”(Sapporo Tokei-dai Gallery)
Works as an adjunct lecturer at Sapporo Ootani Junior College until 2008.
Solo exhibition (Gallery Ai, Sapporo)
Exhibits On the Subway, Chiko with other 9 oil paintings and 4 pieces of water-color.
Installs Flower and Star on the wall of Gallery Building in A.I.M. Co., Ltd. (Kita Hiroshima, Hokkaido).
- Solo exhibition (Sapporo Toke-dai Gallery)
Exhibits 10 pieces including The Sand and Waves (Seaside Song), Wide Plain and Spring.
- “S’s Collection Exhibition” (TEMPORARY SPACE, Sapporo)
- Installs Porcelain Panel Paintings Flowers and Birds of Sun-Sun Road in the passage of Kushiro Station (commonly known as "Sun Sun Road").
“The 5th Ten-Person Space Exhibition” (Daimaru Fujii Central Skyhall, Sapporo)
ExhibitsThe Earth and Waves in Spring.
“Northern tide: avant-garde art from Hokkaido Exhibition” (Hokkaido Museum of Modern Art, Sapporo)
Exhibits Sky and an Axe and Moonlight Night.
- “The 6th Exhibition: Ten-Person Space” (Daimaru Fujii Central Skyhall, Sapporo)
Exhibits Carp Streamers.
- Solo exhibition ( Salon Gallery de l’Art, Sapporo)
Exhibits 24 pieces including Sky, On the Side of a Road and Winter Road.
- “ ’98 Sapporo Art Exhibition” (Sapporo Citizens Gallery) Exhibits Snow and Water.
- “ ’99 Sapporo Art Exhibition” (Sapporo Citizens Gallery) Exhibits PIRIKA.
Installs oil paintings Spring Flowers and Apples on the wall of the entrance hall in Special elderly nursing home, Greenpia (Sapporo).
- “The 35th Hokkaido Shutai-bijyutsu-kyoukai Exhibition” (Hokkaido Museum of Modern Art) Exhibits Mother’s Train at the request of the exhibitor.
- Solo Exhibition (TEMPORARY SPACE, Sapporo) Exhibits Eimi’s FANTASY, At the Seashore, Mother’s Train, Dance and other 8 oil paintings, 9 prints and 1 drawing.
- Group Exhibition “Art in Hokkaido-Those 100 pieces” (Hokkaido Museum of Modern Art) Exhibits Sky and Hatchet.
- Art Exhibition “Ootani’s 100 Pieces for the Centennial Anniversary of Sapporo Ootani Gakuen’s foundation” (Sapporo Citizens Gallery) Exhibits The Cherry Blossom Season and At the Estuary of the Ishikari River.
- “Exhibition “A★MUSE★LAND★TOMORROW 2012 in MIGISHI MUSEUM- Marl the Ghost and the Wonders of Paintings” (Migishi Kotaro Museum of Art, Hokkaido) Exhibits Moonlight Night.
- Solo exhibition “Northern Aspects #04 FANTASY- The Paintings of Kazuharu Hanada”（Hokkaido Museum of Modern Art）Exhibits 49 oil paintings and 4 prints.
- Receives the Medal with Dark Blue Ribbon.
- Passes away.
- Retrospective Exhibition “The World of Kazuharu Hanada- Colors and Shapes, Humor and Poesy” (Karuizawa New Art Museum, Nagano, -2021).
Published a collection of works "The World of Kazuharu Hanada" (Karuizawa New Art Museum).
하나다 가즈하루(1946-2017)는 홋카이도를 대표하는 추상화가중 한명이다. 삿포로에서 출생한 작가는 1965년 도쿄예술대학 유화과에 입학하고 대학원 졸업 후 1974년 삿포로로 돌아가 홋카이도 아방가르드 운동의 주요 구성원으로 활동한다. 어떤 단체에도 가입하지 않고 2017년 별세할 때까지 개인전과 그룹전을 중심으로 작품을 전시하였다. 그의 작품은 Ellsworth Kelly 등의 기하학적 도형과 선명한 윤곽의 추상화 그림을 연상시키는 일관되게 선명한 색면으로 구성된 추상화였다. 특히 1980년대 중반부터 하나다는 친근감과 유머가 느껴지는 독특한 추상세계를 형성해갔다.