- Born as the second son, the youngest child among 7 siblings of his father Goro Hanada and his mother Yoshi in Sapporo city, Hokkaido.
- Graduates from Sapporo Higashi high school.
- Enrolls in the Department of Oil painting at Tokyo University of the Arts.
Studies under Ryohei Koiso.
- Graduates from the Faculty of Fine Arts, Department of Oil painting at Tokyo University of the Arts.
Enters in Oil Painting course of Graduate School of Fine Arts at Tokyo University of the Arts.
- Solo exhibition (Gallery Tokiwa, Tokyo) Exhibits Work D and other pieces.
Awarded Ohashi Prize (Tokyo University of the Arts).
- Completes Master’s degree in Oil Painting course of Graduate School of Fine Arts at Tokyo University of the Arts.
- Visits Europe for three months.
Travels southward from Nordic countries to Napoli in Italy.
- Returns to Sapporo.
- Marries Megumi Yamada.
Works as an adjunct lecturer at Hokkaido Women’s Junior College until March 1983.
Solo exhibition. (Tokei-dai Gallery, Sapporo).
Exhibits Apron with other 25 oil paintings and 7 prints.
“Ohashi Award Exhibition” (Tokyo Central Museum) Exhibits Clip 1.
- Works as a teacher at Hokkaido Academy of Formative Arts.
Becomes a chief instructor in 1987 and retires in 1996.
- The birth of his eldest daughter, Chiharu.
Solo exhibition (Sapporo Tokei-dai Gallery)
Exhibits Hatchet and Hand Plane with other 6 oil paintings, 4 prints and 2 pieces of sculpture.
- Stays in the United States for one month to broaden his knowledge in art.
“ ’78 Hokkaido Contemporary Artists Exhibition” (Sapporo Tokei-dai Gallery)
Exhibits Drawing Board.
Installs the wall relief Seawall in the town mayor’s room of Yubetsu-cho Town Hall (Current Yubetsu-cho General Branch Office).
- Works as an adjunct lecturer at Fuji Women's Junior College until 1992.
- The birth of his second daughter, Akiko.
“The 4th Hokkaido Contemporary Art Exhibition” (Hokkaido Museum of Modern Art) Exhibits CityⅡ and Evening Mist.
- “The 9th Association of Ecole Abstract’s Artists in Hokkaido” (Sapporo Tokei-dai Gallery) Exhibits To Forest.
Becomes a member of its group.
- “Hokkaido Art-1960-1980 Exhibition” (Royal Alberta Museum in Canada) Exhibits ApronⅡ.
- Solo exhibition (Sapporo Tokei-dai Gallery)
Exhibits 10 pieces including Two Earring.
- Extends his atelier.
“Sapporo-American Contemporary Art Exchange Exhibition” (Sapporo American Center)
Exhibits Hill and Sea.
- Solo exhibition (Gallery TAPIO, Sapporo)
Exhibits 9 pieces including Wave-1, Wave-2, Wave-3, Wave-4, and SKIⅡ.
- “The 4th Sapporo Clock Tower Culture Hall Art Award Exhibition”(Sapporo Tokei-dai Gallery)
Works as an adjunct lecturer at Sapporo Ootani Junior College until 2008.
Solo exhibition (Gallery Ai, Sapporo)
Exhibits On the Subway, Chiko with other 9 oil paintings and 4 pieces of water-color.
Installs Flower and Star on the wall of Gallery Building in A.I.M. Co., Ltd. (Kita Hiroshima, Hokkaido).
- Solo exhibition (Sapporo Toke-dai Gallery)
Exhibits 10 pieces including The Sand and Waves (Seaside Song), Wide Plain and Spring.
- “S’s Collection Exhibition” (TEMPORARY SPACE, Sapporo)
- Installs Porcelain Panel Paintings Flowers and Birds of Sun-Sun Road in the passage of Kushiro Station (commonly known as "Sun Sun Road").
“The 5th Ten-Person Space Exhibition” (Daimaru Fujii Central Skyhall, Sapporo)
ExhibitsThe Earth and Waves in Spring.
“Northern tide: avant-garde art from Hokkaido Exhibition” (Hokkaido Museum of Modern Art, Sapporo)
Exhibits Sky and an Axe and Moonlight Night.
- “The 6th Exhibition: Ten-Person Space” (Daimaru Fujii Central Skyhall, Sapporo)
Exhibits Carp Streamers.
- Solo exhibition ( Salon Gallery de l’Art, Sapporo)
Exhibits 24 pieces including Sky, On the Side of a Road and Winter Road.
- “ ’98 Sapporo Art Exhibition” (Sapporo Citizens Gallery) Exhibits Snow and Water.
- “ ’99 Sapporo Art Exhibition” (Sapporo Citizens Gallery) Exhibits PIRIKA.
Installs oil paintings Spring Flowers and Apples on the wall of the entrance hall in Special elderly nursing home, Greenpia (Sapporo).
- “The 35th Hokkaido Shutai-bijyutsu-kyoukai Exhibition” (Hokkaido Museum of Modern Art) Exhibits Mother’s Train at the request of the exhibitor.
- Solo Exhibition (TEMPORARY SPACE, Sapporo) Exhibits Eimi’s FANTASY, At the Seashore, Mother’s Train, Dance and other 8 oil paintings, 9 prints and 1 drawing.
- Group Exhibition “Art in Hokkaido-Those 100 pieces” (Hokkaido Museum of Modern Art) Exhibits Sky and Hatchet.
- Art Exhibition “Ootani’s 100 Pieces for the Centennial Anniversary of Sapporo Ootani Gakuen’s foundation” (Sapporo Citizens Gallery) Exhibits The Cherry Blossom Season and At the Estuary of the Ishikari River.
- “Exhibition “A★MUSE★LAND★TOMORROW 2012 in MIGISHI MUSEUM- Marl the Ghost and the Wonders of Paintings” (Migishi Kotaro Museum of Art, Hokkaido) Exhibits Moonlight Night.
- Solo exhibition “Northern Aspects #04 FANTASY- The Paintings of Kazuharu Hanada”（Hokkaido Museum of Modern Art）Exhibits 49 oil paintings and 4 prints.
- Receives the Medal with Dark Blue Ribbon.
- Passes away.
- Retrospective Exhibition “The World of Kazuharu Hanada- Colors and Shapes, Humor and Poesy” (Karuizawa New Art Museum, Nagano, -2021).
Published a collection of works "The World of Kazuharu Hanada" (Karuizawa New Art Museum).
1946 年に北海道 札幌市に生まれた花田和治（1946-2017）は、65年に東京藝術大学に入学し小磯良平（1903-1988)に師事、油彩画を学びます。71年に同大学大学院を修了した後74年に札幌に戻り、その後2017年に没するまで北海道で制作を続けました。在学中から図形的な絵画を試みていた花田は帰郷後、明るい色面を方形で構成する絵画を手掛け、やがて北海道の自然や自身の日常をテーマにその本質をシンプルな形態に抽象化する表現を生み出しました。戦後の抽象表現主義やハードエッジといった潮流に影響を受けながら、琳派や京都画壇の画家・福田平八郎(1892-1974)などにも深い関心を寄せていた花田のその表現は、身近な現象を叙情豊かに汲み取る詩的感性と、透徹した視覚効果に裏打ちされ、戦後日本で数多く描かれた抽象絵画の中でも稀有な清涼感と独自性に溢れています。